Great Lakes Cold Storage is a 2016 Case Western Reserve Weatherhead 100 Award Winner for the tremendous growth of our Company; please consider joining us as we continue to grow. At Great Lakes Cold Storage, we value and respect our employees, so if you’re the type of person who gives 100%, we want to talk to you. Great Lakes Cold Storage is a frozen distribution center located in Solon, OH and we are looking for experienced Maintenance Technicians to work various evening/night and weekend shifts; these are full time positions within the Company. We are making a major investment in all new material handling equipment and offer incentive programs with the overall goal to help employees grow to higher levels of performance and excellence.
This position is responsible for performing required maintenance and repairs on all material handling rolling equipment (MHE). The MHE Maintenance Technician is required to safely perform these functions to the proper specifications as defined by the respective equipment manufacturer using the proper tools and equipment. Performs all duties safely and accurately.
- Ability to fix and maintain lift trucks
- Performs regular preventative maintenance and repair service and assessment of all MHE
- Repair, rewire and troubleshoot electrical systems
- Test equipment after adjustment/repair to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturer’s specifications
- Ability to work at heights from a scissor lift or forklift cage
- Report any uncorrectable/unsafe issues immediately to the supervisor
- Follow lock out/tag out procedures as required
- Work effectively with immediate supervisor to minimize equipment downtime and expense
- Establish and maintain effective communication and coordination with coworkers, and when dealing with associates at all levels
- Ensure assigned work area is clean, secure and well maintained
- Observe and enforce all safety rules, performs tasks and operates appropriate MHE equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks in a safe and orderly manner in an effort to prevent accidents and injuries
- Understand and comply with all applicable company policies (i.e. attendance, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, Associate Handbook, etc.)
- Comply with all applicable state and federal laws, regulations and policies (i.e. OSHA, HACCP, AIB, etc.)
- Perform other maintenance duties as assigned
- Performs general plant maintenance and responds to work orders as assigned
- Works on walk in doors, overhead doors and dock plates
- Works on rack systems and flooring
- Must be willing to work in cold/freezer work areas
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- At least 2 years experience with maintenance and repair service and assessment of all MHE
- Previous maintenance experience a must
- Must possess basic hand tools
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively, as it relates to the job and to safety regulations
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen & Background Check)
No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of his or her employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, family status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
We offer medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance and 401(k).