Great Lakes Cold Storage is a 2016 Case Western Reserve Weatherhead 100 Award Winner for the tremendous growth of our Company; please consider joining us as we continue to grow. At Great Lakes Cold Storage, we value and respect our employees. If you’re the type of person who gives 100%, we want to talk to you. Great Lakes Cold Storage is a frozen distribution center located in Solon, OH and we are looking for a Shipping and Receiving Associate for 3rd shift (hours are 8:30pm-5:00am).
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Must have strong computer, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Numeric computation/reporting
- Must be customer focused and results driven
- Requires working in an efficient manner and at a constant pace for the entire shift
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment
- Develop a good working knowledge of product, and procedures
- Prepare invoices and required documentation for shipments
- Verify incoming shipments by comparing identifying information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
- Verify and correct inbound/outbound discrepancies by checking product in the freezer
- Perform cycle counts and reserve verifications to ensure an accurate inventory
- Monitor recall alerts, expired product alerts, and any other system alerts and respond in a timely matter
- Perform daily freezer walk checking for safety issues, inventory issues, or any other issues that need corrected
- Ability to go from shipping office environment to freezer environment and back Weekends,
- Holidays and overtime when necessary
- Exposure to Distribution Center activity and equipment
- Aware of surroundings in a high traffic warehouse environment
- Warehouse environment with exposure to cold temperatures
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively, as it relates to the job and to safety regulations
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen & Background Check)
- Preferred Requirements:
- Previous shipping and receiving experience
- Previous experience with Warehouse Management System (Manhattan) preferred
No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of his or her employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, family status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
We offer medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance and 401(k).