Great Lakes Cold Storage is a 2019 Case Western Reserve Weatherhead 100 Award Winner for the tremendous growth of our Company; please consider joining us as we continue to grow. At Great Lakes Cold Storage, we value and respect our employees. If you’re the type of person who gives 100%, we want to talk to you. Great Lakes Cold Storage is a frozen distribution center located in Solon, OH and we are looking for Warehouse Supervisors for various shifts. Individuals must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
This position supervises warehouse employees in a manner consistent with company policies and procedures in order to cultivate a positive, engaged work environment with an emphasis on achieving production demands safely and efficiently in order to satisfy customer service.
- Provide clear, definitive input and direction advocating constructive work processes, improved job knowledge, employee engagement and development for all warehouse employees
- Provide ongoing onboarding and training for newly hired employees by communicating company expectations and constructive feedback
- Encourage commitment to company values and goals by modeling professional behavior and fostering a long-term employment
- Setting and tracking goals for improving accuracy, quality, and production.
- Ability to coach, train, and lead work teams to achieve performance
- Conduct performance appraisals
- Administer corrective action as necessary
- Administer the order picking and loading processes
- Performs all tasks in compliance with Great Lakes Cold Storage safety policy and OSHA requirements.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum 3 years prior warehouse supervision experience
- Experience in supervisor role previously (preferably food industry)
- Must have proven computer skills (warehouse management system/Microsoft Office)
- Previous experience with voice selection preferred
- Previous freezer experience preferred
No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of his or her employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, family status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
We offer medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance and 401(k).