Great Lakes Cold Storage is a 2016 Case Western Reserve Weatherhead 100 Award Winner for the tremendous growth of our Company; please consider joining us as we continue to grow. At Great Lakes Cold Storage, we value and respect our employees, so if you’re looking for a long term opportunity and are the type of person who gives 100%, we want to talk to you. Great Lakes Cold Storage is a frozen distribution center located in Solon, OH; we are looking for warehouse workers for various shifts including either a 12:00pm or 6:30pm start time. Please note that there will be overtime and mandatory overtime with these positions. The starting salary for these positions is $13.50 per hour with wage progression up to $17.00 per hour. We offer incentive programs with the overall goal to help employees grow to higher levels of performance and excellence.
This is a warehouse position responsible for operating an electric pallet jack or standup forklift, selecting correct products from warehouse racking and palletizing product as it is selected to build customer orders, and delivering product to the dock in a safe and efficient manner.This positions requires working from the start of the shift until all product is accurately selected and loaded. Overtime hours and working weekends and holidays are required in order to successfully fill customers’ orders. Job requires working in areas with temperatures as low as -20.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Meet or exceed minimum efficiency levels
- Meet or exceed established labor standards goals
- Requires working rapidly at a constant pace for the entire shift, in a fast paced environment
- Assist as needed in the general sanitation and housekeeping to adhere to all GMP/GWP and sanitation standards
- Develop a good working knowledge of product, placement, and inventory control techniques and procedures
- Hand select orders within a freezer warehouse environment
- Stack product on pallets in accordance with proper selecting procedures
- Frequently lift product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds: frequently reach up to 72″; constantly bend and twist while operating a pallet jack and/or forklift, retrieving items form lower shelf areas
- Operate an electric pallet jack or stand up forklift to transport product
- Stage pallets for loading on proper dock locations
- Follow safety standard operating procedures at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to pallet jack, tow motors and lift trucks
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively, as it relates to the job and to safety regulations
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen & Background Check)
- Preferred Requirements:
- Previous warehouse experience
- Previous experience with operating an electric pallet jack and/or forklift
- Must be able to handle working in temperatures as low as -20
No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of his or her employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, family status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
We offer medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance and 401(k).